Our Open Water swimming sessions at Stowe start on Saturday 7th May.
The dates for the season are as follows:
Saturday 9am – 11am,
7th May – 24th September inclusive (Excluding Sat 28th May)
Thursday 6pm-7pm , 2nd June – 25th August inclusive
(1) You will need to be a fully paid up member of Team Cherwell to attend these sessions and bring your membership card. Nicole will be handing these out and for those of you attending Swimming on the 7th May they will be available to collect at Stowe.
(2) You will need to print off, sign and bring along the Disclaimer for Insurance purposes – please bring this to the first session you attend. Click Here for Disclaimer
(3) You will also need a Car Parking pass which you also need to print off and display. Click here for Parking Pass
(4) To attend one of these training sessions could I please request that you let me know using the email address Teamcherwelljuniors@outlook.com by midday on Thursday before the Saturday session and by the Tuesday night for the Thursday night session. This is so that I can arrange appropriate adult cover to swim with the juniors and enable me to pull together the necessary register and contact details to take with us for Health and Safety purposes.
(4) We park in the National Trust Car Park and meet up at roughly 8.45am in the car park before walking down to the lake. Confirmation awaited on the Thursday night meet up time. Click here for Stowe Map
(5) Cost to swim is £3.50 to be paid on the day.
Planned time table for swimming:
Saturday 7th May: Youths, TS3 and TS2.
Saturday 14th May TS3, TS2 and TS1.
In order to run these sessions the club is required by the National Trust to provide safety cover on the side of the lake for the duration of each session otherwise the sessions cannot take place.
Two volunteers are requested for each session to ensure that safety cover is always available on the lake edge, whilst still allowing you each to have a swim if you wish.
To volunteer, please email your name and available dates to Hannah via the link on the website: https://www.teamcherwell.co.uk/lake-volunteer-list/ It would be great if everyone takes a turn.
If you have any questions, then please don’t hesitate to contact me.